Saturday, April 11, 2009

Beauty in the midst of suffering.....


Easter service was incredible and was crucial to getting our family through the day. Thank you Pastor Terry!
What a absolutely beautiful day, despairing but beautiful. If God can raise his son from the dead, he can save us from ANYTHING.







Jessica and Mama Lisa...



After service went to the Self's and were together with Jess's parents (Jon and Lisa)and brother (Justin) for most of the day. Please pray for her admirable family at this time, they are hurting so deeply. Justin's wife Angelica and their daughter will fly in tomorrow along with Jessica's Grandma and Kieth (Lisa's fiance). I think it will ease their agony being encircled by more family.

Today was one of the most difficult days of my life, but I can truly see the healing hands of God at work in all of us. Why was today harder than yesterday? I am not sure, yesterdays events are engraved in my mind and continue to replay. I saw things yesterday I never want to see again. They are all settling in now.

Lord, I am empty, I am in disbelief. I wanted it to be different. You could have left her with us yesterday if you had so chosen...you chose to heal her FOREVER instead....and so, we come humbly, weeping, our heads bowed, and we just ask for you to help us survive this grief.



His name is Jesus, and He gives.

His name is Jesus, and He takes away.

He is still on the throne
.


My favorite kid pic of Jess! Priceless....









I will post again tomorrow to keep you all informed...

Humbly, grateful, and in hope,
Kristen

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kristen, I just wanted to stop by and let you know how much I've been thinking of you and your family. I am so so sorry for your loss. What a gain for Jess!!! We will know that joy one day. For now, we wait in aticipation for what the Lord holds next for us. Till the day we can meet Him again and reunite with those we've lost here on earth. What a blessing to know that we have hope and promises for such an amazing future with Jesus. Lots of prayers for you and yours at this time. xoxo ~ani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    You don't know me but Jessica was a close friend of my wife and I while she lived in Sacramento,CA. She was the first one to babysit my then new born son, Elias. I just heard about her going home to the Lord and searched the web for more info. That's how I found your blog. Thank you for posting information on Jess. Our prayers are with you all in this difficult time.

    Sincerely,
    Phillip and Jana Oyog
    Sacramento, CA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I would have had the chance to meet Jessica. She sounded like a wonderful woman. Thank you for sharing more about her. I am thinking and praying for your family a lot this week.
    Love and hugs,
    Cindy
    Miss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen, your prayer was so beautiful and sweet and honest ... my heart was so touched ...

    With much love,

    Mamma Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete