Friday, April 3, 2009

Banana Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Bread...

Banana Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Bread...
I found this recipe on a fellow blogers site a week or so back. I could not stop thinking about it. Do you ever have those nights? I had to post the recipe for you guys it turned out delicious. I am not really a dough/batter taster but goodness gracious I might have been able to make 4 loaves before I started tasting it.
I ended up with 3 loaves, called Papa right after putting it in the oven. I knew Nana and Papa would devour it. We have two left..well one and a half. I am being greedy now.

Ingredients

1/2 cup margarine or butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup mashed banana
1/2 cup chopped nuts (omit if you don't like nuts)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 12 oz. bag chocolate chips

Directions:

1. Grease 1 large loaf pan.
2. Cream margarine, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
3. Add dry ingredients, then bananas, nuts and sour cream.
4. Mix in chocolate chips and/or nuts
5. Mix well.
6. Bake at 350 F for 1 hour.

Note: I doubled this recipe to make more than one loaf.

Happy baking,
Kristen

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm that does look yum. I may have to make a loaf or two this weekend. I will let you know how it turns out.

    Thanks for the great recipe.
    Hugs,
    Jody (NY)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This bread was the bomb by the way! I ate the entire loaf over two days, I could feel my but getting bigger....

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete