Friday, November 21, 2008

Advent Calander.....11-20-2008



Olivia and I worked on a advent calender together on Thursday. After a long search for one I wanted and also one in my price range I decided to make our own. We used a piece of rope i had in the garage to hang baby socks on. We collected all of the Christmas socks we could find from Jalen, Olivia, and Liam, adding a few from numerous stores. The socks are hung by clothes pins that we glued a little black ribbon too. We completed the clothes pins by painting a number on each pin 1-24, we will move the little Santa from day to day as Jesus's birthday approaches. Olivia knows once the Santa gets to the 24th sock it is the night Santa will come!
Jalen was so excited when he got home from school that we had so many stockings hung. I had to explain to him what it was. When Chris came home form work he jokingly said are we adopting a few kids??? Overall Olivia and I think it turned out pretty cute and different that a regular old advent calender. Plus we can use it from year to year. The entire project cost us under $20.

Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - I love it! Great job girl! You are amazing and so creative! I wish I had some of that in me :-)

    ReplyDelete