Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Gardening Tips: from a wanna be green thumb!



  1. Do not over water watermelons? They will soak up too much water at one time and split open. NO MORE THAN 4X'S PER WEEK AND MAKE SURE YOUR SOIL IS WELL DRAINED! *See text below.

  2. Shade your tomatoes and other goodies from the hot Arizona sun. Not too thick of a shade, they still need sunlight.

  3. Follow the planting directions on the seeds, 8 inches apart does not mean 4 inches will be enough space because you want a full, lush, green leafy garden.

I will save you the details of how my garden is thriving or post pictures that would require way too much photoshoping. I am only saying Chris told me maybe I should try planting a tree next time!

*My green thumb came only as a result of the mistakes I made while learning to see things from my soggy watermelon's point of view.

4 comments:

  1. Kristen - did you take that picture? It's so pretty :). Thanks for the tips! I have a black thumb myself, so I'm glad that David has a VERY green one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen:

    Thanks for the helpful tips.....

    I don't have a green thumb but I wish I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i so want a garden! good to know about the watermelons, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry but I had to laugh. Hope you can grow something green soon!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete